I’ve got a favor to ask of all you Modern Parents with Messy Kids today. Write me – won’t you please?
You see, as much as I love sharing useful parenting tricks, clever organizational DIYs, and family-friendly healthy recipes, there’s one thing that I feel has been lacking around here – the stories of parenthood.
Recently, I brought on our parenting contributor, Jessica, and I’ve just loved chatting with you guys here and on facebook about what she has to say.
From potty training and co-sleeping to the truly big stuff, it’s so nice to get in another parent’s head sometimes and see their point-of-view. Makes us all feel a little less alone (and a little less crazy) dealing with it all 24/7.
So what do you say – Want to contribute? It’s easy, just…
You don’t have to be a professional essayist or even a blogger to share with us. (Although, if you do have your own space on the inter-web, I’ll be happy to link up to it.) But I am looking for fully-formed post material – somewhere around 600 – 1000 words with a definite beginning and conclusion.
Not sure what to write about? Here are some jumping off points…
- Your parenting successes – Stumbled upon a technique that works with your kiddos or just FINALLY overcame a roadblock after months of struggling with your little? We’d love to hear about it.
- Your parenting failures – We’ve all had them. And there can be something oh-so cathartic about commiserating while we’re still trying to find our way out/over/around/past them.
- Your funny moments – Because no one survives parenting without a good sense of humor.
- Your rants – Need to vent? As long as it’s constructive (and entertaining or informative) this could be the spot to finally get something off your chest.
- Your questions – It takes a village right? If you have a story that needs a little help with the ending, write us and lets get a conversation going.
- Your story – Parenthood is so beautifully different from family to family. We’d love to hear about the experiences that have shaped the parent you are today.
This, like all new things on the blog, is an experiment. So write in and we’ll see how it goes!
P.S. Speaking of parenting stories, turns out I actually have TWO FAVORS to ask of you today…
I just found out that they are doing something truly awesome over at Munchkin.com. They are offering
for the next 11 days to a remarkable foundation founded by two parents racing against the clock to accelerate research that could save their beautiful 4-year-old and 2-year-old girls from a degenerative brain brain disorder that will cause both girls to go blind, lose their ability to communicate, move, and eat and ultimately die, likely before the age of 12.
I’m not affiliated with them in any way currently but last year, we partnered with Munchkin and people went totally nuts over this super smart way to get organized AND save hundreds of dollars on an in-vehicle DVD system. Go get one or two and stock up on snack cups, bath toys, and more!
I put in my order last night and hope you do today (and tell your friends and family too)!!