Who We Are
Hi there, I’m Steph, momma to two toddlers and the founder and managing editor of Modern Parents Messy Kids (MPMK for short). Here my team and I provide daily inspiration to thousands of parents on simplifying, connecting, and living well.
Our motto, “mindful living, effortless style” translates to creative playtime activities, stimulating parenting discussions, clever organizational tips, DIY projects and even some fresh style finds.
What We Do
At MPMK, we’re all about being in the moment and doing our best to live the good life – whilst always allowing room for imperfection.
To give you a better sense of us, below are 11 things you will (and will not) find here.
- You won’t find reviews of “must have” toys with lots of bells and whistles, but will find a recipe for the softest, best smelling DIY play dough ever as well as an explanation of how and why play dough play is beneficial to your kids.
- You find won’t find complicated recipes, but will find our free 6 Week Meal Plan (complete with shopping lists) as well as our emergency meal plan for those especially hairy weeks.
- You won’t find a post on teaching your baby to read (blech!), but you will find one on How to Talk to Your Kids.
- You won’t find a tutorial on how to dress like a Kardashian, but will find one on How to Build a Re-mixable Wardrobe on the cheap.
- You won’t find tips on keeping your kids tidy, but you will find instructions for building you very own creativity center as well as how to set up a sensory box in your living room.
- You won’t find a post on How I Organized My ENTIRE Life, but you will find quite a few tips for simplifying yours.
- You won’t find any thoughts on how to throw the most elaborate (and expensive) kid party known to man, but you will find a few on establishing family birthday rituals.
- You won’t find narratives on what perfect mothers we are, but you will find one on How to Maintain Your Zen When the Kids Have Lost Their Ever-Loving Minds.
- You won’t find a DIY on how to make a Thanksgiving hand turkey, but you will find instructions on pulling together a Paint Chip Easter Egg Garland or some 3D Halloween Spider Sacks.
- You won’t find any posts pushing a single parenting agenda but you’ll see plenty, such as our Make Like a Montessori Mama series, exploring the spectrum of parenting and learning philosophies.
- You won’t find a recap of the latest Toddlers & Tiaras episode, but you will find a virtual parenting book club.
Sound like your kind of people? Great, welcome to the club. We typically post every day but Sunday. Sign up to follow along and we’ll send you a YouTube link demonstrating the secret hand shake. Not really – we respect you and your email and will never send anything spammy.
Too pushy? No problem, we understand (seeing as how we just met and all). Click on the big orange “subscribe” above to check out the MPMK newsletter and get only our best stuff – plus a few extras.
I’m very fortunate to have 7 lovely ladies helping to make the well-rounded stomping grounds that are MPMK. You can visit with them on the site most Mondays and Thursdays. In the meantime, here’s an introduction.
Kaley is a photographer who spends her days starting lots of projects and finishing few of them. She lives in San Francisco with her awesomely creative daughter and amazingly understanding husband. She blogs about it all here.
Natalie is a lover of all things edible and mom to two sweet babies under 3 years old. She shares her favorite from-scratch recipes, techniques and tips for entertaining on her blog, Oven Love.
Anna is a joyful wife and mom to two sweet girls. Nutrition became one of her passions when her first daughter was born prematurely and showed early signs of food allergies. She is now happily learning all about health and wellness as part of the Prescribe Nutrition team. When not working, she can be found practicing yoga at Yellow Barn Wellness.
Alli is wife to Michael, mommy to Isaiah and friend to their furry one, Hershey girl. Her passion lies in being a Mom and finding ways to bring creativity to life with her family. You can visit her blog (You have your blog, we have Aars) for ideas, activities, inspiration and more.
Kristin is a children’s photographer in southern California. Visit her website to read all about her adventures in photography, cooking, and her love of style.
Jen puts her passion for organizing to work creating functional household labels for the home she shares with her husband and two mini-dachshunds. You can find her designing labels at The Paper Society, and sharing her love of home decor and organizing at The Social Home.
Janssen is a former librarian and avid reader who is always maxing out her library card. She now stays at home with her two-year-old daughter (with another girl on the way) and blogs about books for readers of all ages, her favorite recipes, and parenting adventures at Everyday Reading.
In the Press
MPMK has been honored to be featured by the following sites and publications:
Finally, along with my work on Modern Parents Messy Kids, I also write for various popular lifestyle sites. You can currently find me here:
Copyright © 2013 Modern Parents Messy Kids