If you’ve been following along with this facebook post, you know that we’re knee-deep in sleep training baby M around here – which means some sleepless nights for this Momma.
One of the things I like to look at with my blurry eyes in the wee hours of the morning are pieces of art to one day adorn my still quite bare walls. Occasionally, I even get around to ordering and hanging a few!
Here are four of my current favorites – two of which actually hang in my house and two of which I so far only have plans to hang somewhere.
Up top is this Moby Dick quote from MPMK sponsor Minted, absolutely perfect for creating a reading space or book nook.
Next up is this Shakespeare quote print that I’m currently coveting from ScoutMob. It’s on sale for only $17 and I’m gonna put it in S’s room.
I really love the idea of this being one of the first things she sees when she wakes up each morning!
Quote #3 is one I picked up at Ross for our new chalkboard wall (more pics to come soon!). It’s a nice reminder of our family values and I think it really pops against the black.
I placed it above a low hanging mirror for the kids to use when playing dress-up and made sure to include one of the decals from the #imENOUGH campaign I participated in.
All together, it makes a great little empowerment and affirmation corner in our house.
Finally, I’m plotting to place this Johnny Cash quote, also from ScoutMob, somewhere in our kitchen for two reasons:
- Johnny Cash is cool and one of the few people my husband would actually be excited about quoting in our home.
- It’s important to model for the kids how much Mommy and Daddy love each other!
This one’s not a quote, but I just love it so much. I think every family should have their own personalized logo displayed somewhere, especially on reclaimed wood.
The only problem? I’m equally in love with dark stain and the natural finish. Which to choose?!
Question of the Day
Would you put any of these in your home? Any other quotes out there you love for a family home?
*post contains affiliate links.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Save Your Spring" bundle: over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of kid activities perfect for spring break!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)