Next week is C’s first day of kindergarten and S’s first day of Montessori preschool. You know what that means – time to buckle down and set up some solid morning, lunch packing, and maybe even homework routines. It wouldn’t hurt to set up a backpack and study zone either!
Here’s Alli with 20 of the best projects out there to get you organized for Back-to-School.
My oldest son will be starting a Mother’s Day Out program this Fall. I know, I know. That’s small potatoes in the back-to-school world. But still. It has my heart in a lurch.
I’m already in a tizzy about lunch boxes and tupperware. Backpacks and nap mats. I can’t even IMAGINE the chaos that comes with kindergarten, junior high, or high school.
And my heart panics a little as I type those words, because…well…my BABY! And those days are looming. Right around the corner. Excuse me while I peel myself off the floor.
But I digress.
I’ve decided that the only thing capable of easing these back-to-school Mom jitters, is a little dose of organization. Because not only does organization make life easier, it distracts us from the worries and fears of sending our BABIES back into the trenches. Am I right?!
Without further ado. Here are 20 back-to-school organization projects to help make your educational re-entry seamless.
- Make a backpack and school work drop-off station
- Make an “over the door” school supply organizer
- Create an amazing computer work station
- Make a magnetic lunch chart
- Make a portable homework caddy
- Organize back-to-school clothes by days of the week.
- Create a school lunch packing station
- Create a school snack station
- Create a killer Mom command center
- Make a mini homework station
- Organize school paperwork
- Make a family calendar
- Plan your after school routine
- Make an art cart
- Make your own school binders (with printables)
- Make a “Back-To-School Checklist (or print this one)
- Create an “On the Go” homework station
- Simplify your morning routine
- Organize your pantry for quick and easy meals
- Simplify your “Mom To-Do List”
Need more organizational help? Don’t miss our post, 10 Best Ways to Organize Art Supplies.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?