Nearly a year later, and my family is still FROZEN obsessed. It’s pretty ridiculous, actually.
I’ll take it, though. With a family of boys, after all, this may be the the closest to a “princess movie” I’ll ever get.
My boys adore Olaf. So I decided to put together a “Do You Want to Build a Snowman Busy Box” to set aside for rainy days.
I’ll be honest. I thought it was a cute idea. But I had NO IDEA that it would be such a hit. My three-year-old was building snowmen (of all shapes and sizes) all the way up until bedtime.
And it turned out to be the best bargaining chip to boot…
“Hurry up and brush your teeth or else no more snowmen!”
But not really.
To make all you will need is:
- one medium sized container
- Styrofoam balls (in three different sizes)
- accessories (sticks, ribbon, color head straight pins, a Sharpie)
Then it’s time to play.
If your children are small, they may need some supervision. My three-year-old did just fine, but we definitely had a little talk about being careful with the pins and toothpicks (no aiming them at your brother!).
He named his snowman “Anna.” (???)
And I named mine Bob.
It was a match made in Arendelle.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family this year?
Check out the sale we're having on our "Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit" and "Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life's Planner Printables" - over 45 printable pages in all!
And sign up for our newsletter!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- 15 Candy-Free Valentines to Bring to Class - January 13, 2015
- DIY Painted Cinnamon Pine Cones - November 30, 2014
- Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life: Keeping a Clean & Clutter-Free Home for the Holidays - November 24, 2014