It’s no secret we love DIY play dough, slime, and other sensory activities around here. Hands-on play not only leads to increased creativity and fine-motor development (which is important for things like writing), it’s also a fabulous boredom buster.
Play dough and sensory boxes are some of our go-to activities when the weather is bad or mom needs some time to pay bills, do laundry, etc.
Recently the folks over at eHow’s Mom Channel asked me to roundup some of my favorite playtime posts (written either for them, or here on MPMK) and I just couldn’t resist focusing on sensory play.
Included in my top 10 sensory activities are:
- Jell-O play dough
- Edible peanut butter play dough
- Cloud dough
- Scented, Glitter Slime
- Making Snowmen Inside
- A Veggie Garden Sensory Box
- Rainbow Rice
- and more!
Check out my full list of Top 10 Sensory Activities for Kids and bookmark it for when you need it – you’ll be happy you did!
P.S. Did you know that facebook has recently drastically changed the way pages like MPMK can share with their followers? Even if you’re a fan of the MPMK facebook page, only a portion of our posts and updates are showing up in your feed these days.
So how do you continue to get all of our parenting, playtime, organization, and recipe ideas? Sign up for the MPMK newsletter!
You’ll get all of our best stuff plus exclusive content just for our subscribers, including a Free 6 week meal plan.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life 2016 Printables and our Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit : over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (400+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)- just click on the photos below