Need some dinner inspiration? I am always looking for something new to put on the table without too much fuss.
The months transitioning from spring to summer can get pretty hectic, what with end-of-school activities, graduations, weddings, outdoor sports and more. Implementing an easy weekly meal rotation could be just the thing to keep you sane when you’re on a crazy schedule. I’ve created a dinner plan with five meal categories- quesadillas, salads, frittatas, skillet meals and pizzas- and given you enough ideas to last you all summer long!
- What to keep in stock: large tortillas, cheese, pre-cooked or leftover protein, veggies
- Serve with: dipping sauce, a side salad, chopped fruit or veggies
- Some recipe ideas to get you started: Apricot Salsa Quesadillas (pictured), Cheese and Apple Quesadillas, Breakfast Quesadillas, Teriyaki Chicken Quesadillas, 29 “Life Changing” Quesadillas You Need To Know About
- What to keep in stock: salad greens, fruits and veggies, pre-cooked or leftover protein, nuts, cheeses, your favorite dressings (there’s always olive oil and vinegar or lemon juice in a pinch!)
- Serve with: crusty bread, crackers or fruit
- Some recipe ideas to get you started: Summertime Grilled Corn, Chicken and Blueberry Chopped Salad (pictured), Orange Chicken Salad, Mango Chicken Salad, 16 Inspiring Spring Salads
- What to keep in stock: eggs, milk (dairy or non-dairy), pre-cooked protein, veggies, cheeses
- Serve with: side salad, crusty bread or rolls
- Some recipe ideas to get you started: Potato, Ham and Spinach Frittata (pictured), Asparagus, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Frittata, Taco Frittata
- What to keep in stock: quick cooking meat/fish/shellfish, fresh and canned vegetables, shelf-stable veggies like onions and potatoes
- Serve with: quick-cooking pasta or rice, side salad, bread or rolls
- Some recipe ideas to get you started: Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders (pictured), Shrimp with Tomatoes and Olives, Easy One Skillet Enchilada, One Skillet Baked Ziti, Potato Skillet with Baked Eggs
- What to keep in stock: french bread/pizza crusts/pizza dough, tomato sauce or other favorite sauces, cheese, favorite toppings
- Serve with: side salad, chopped raw vegetables and fruit
- Some recipe ideas to get you started: French Bread Pizzas (pictured), Spinach Artichoke French Bread Pizza, Best Quick Pizza Dough, Thai Chicken Pizza, Shaved Asparagus Pizza, Mini Meatball Pizza
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family this year?
Check out the sale we're having on our "Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit" and "Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life's Planner Printables" - over 45 printable pages in all!
And sign up for our newsletter!
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- POYEL: 40+ Super Helpful Meal Planning Resources - January 21, 2015
- Super Simple New Year’s Eve Mocktails for the Kids - December 17, 2014
- A Veggie Tray for the Holidays - December 1, 2014