With Easter just a few weeks away, it is the perfect time to start thinking about Easter baskets! I usually try to keep the basket pretty simple, stay away from candy and sweets, and instead include art supplies or other creativity-boosting materials. This year, I will be including my daughter’s all time favorite play dough, and a fun play dough mat to go with it.
This took me just about an hour to make (including making the play dough), only cost a few dollars, and will keep her entertained for hours. And the best part is there will be no post-Easter sugar crash from too much chocolate.
To make your own playdough-filled eggs and playdough mat:
- Make a few batches of different colored play dough using my Jell-O play dough recipe.
- Roll a small chunk of playdough into a ball and place it into a plastic Egg.
- Print the free Easter egg playdough mats on plain white paper or cardstock.
- Either laminate the playdough mats or place them into page protectors.
- Put the playdough-filled eggs and the playdough mats into your child’s basket.
The playdough mats will keep your little ones entertained for hours!
And the plastic eggs are the perfect way to store the playdough when it is not in use. Just put all of the playdough filled eggs into an egg carton and keep them in the fridge. The playdough will last for weeks this way.
(One batch of playdough will make enough to fill 8 plastic eggs.)
Click here to download your free Easter egg play dough mats.
For more candy-free Easter ideas, check out:
Easter basket ideas
- DIY Wooden Watercolor Eggs
- Free Printable: Easter Memory Game
- Anatomy of a Creative Play Easter Basket
- Silly Putty Easter Carrot
- Water Bead Easter Eggs
- Books Perfect for the Easter Basket
- A Simple Handmade Toy for Baby’s Easter Basket
We're teaming up with Dyson to help you get your home clean & organized.
This week, win ALL of MPMK's eBooks & Printables!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?
Latest posts by Kaley (see all)
- Quiet Time Trick: Make Calming Lavender Play Dough - June 24, 2014
- DIY Father’s Day Banner & Card - May 26, 2014
- Meal Planning Made Easy with The Home Collection – Part 2 - May 21, 2014