This is easily one of my favorite projects for teaching kids about planting.
C and I originally made these cheerful succulent gardens for his preschool teacher on Teacher Appreciation Day but you could easily adapt the project for a variety of occasions.
Use the chalkboard labels to write a special message for Mom on Mother’s Day or simply to record the name of the plants you select. Go here to get the full tutorial and make sure you don’t forget the colorful dinosaurs!
Here are a few more planting projects to try with the kids:
- Plantable Paper Earths
- Kitchen Experiment: Growing Plants from Food Scraps
- Veggie Garden Sensory Bin (with free vegetable marker printables)
- Natural Play Spaces: Children’s Veggie Gardens
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life 2016 Printables and our Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit : over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (400+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)- just click on the photos below