So far this week we’ve covered DIY toy organization, a hands-on family project for teaching kids to give back, and a must-try playtime activity for open-ended creativity and going green in 2014.
So what will we be addressing today in our January journey to eat better, parent better, organize better and just generally live better this year?… How about we continue working on a healthy family diet?
I’m over at eHow’s mom channel discussing my new favorite way for easily sneaking protein into our eating routine. Here’s a quick peek:
Never have I felt the importance of a protein-rich diet more than I do now, working from home and operating as the primary caregiver for a 3- and 5-year old while being nearly 30 weeks pregnant with baby #3. Along with raising energy levels, research shows that a protein-rich breakfast, like eggs, also improves appetite control and leads to increased feelings of fullness, helping you to stick to your health, diet and fitness goals…
You know who else loves eggs? Older babies (at least 12 months and older) and young toddlers. My mom friends and I have found that there’s something incredibly enticing about a whole, freshly peeled egg to this age group. Read More Here.
Question of the Day
What’s your favorite way to get protein into your family’s diet?
More Helpful MPMK How-Tos from this month:
- Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life: Principles of an Organized Playroom
- Our Top Ideas for Living Better from 2013
- 5 Step Guide to Jump Starting Your Diet in 2014
- Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life: Entryway Organization (3 Must-Haves from Our Professional Organizer)
- Must-Reads: 8 Books for a Better 2014
- Top 10 Meal Planning & Kitchen Organization Ideas
- Happy Family Habit #10: Make Blessing Bags Together
- DIY: Display Solutions for Tiny Toy Treasures
- Playtime: Upcycled Inventor’s Box with FREE Idea Card Printables
P.S. Did you know that facebook has recently drastically changed the way pages like MPMK can share with their followers? Even if you’re a fan of the MPMK facebook page, all of our posts and updates aren’t showing up in your feed these days.
So how do you continue to get all of our parenting, playtime, organization, and recipe ideas? Sign up for the MPMK newsletter! You’ll get all of our best stuff plus exclusive content just for our subscribers.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)