Baby, it’s cold outside. And that means it’s the perfect weather for a hot cocoa bar. And eggnog… So why not combine the two?
Enter: a festive hot cocoa bar with spiced eggnog whipped cream. I’m a personal fan of whipped cream on cocoa, instead of marshmallows. And when you are going the whipped cream route, it HAS to be homemade.
To make the eggnog whipped cream, you will need:
- 1 cup of eggnog
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of honey (or sugar substitute)
Begin whipping the cream, and when stiff peaks begin to form, slowly add your sugar and eggnog. Continue whipping until it doubles in size, forming stiff peaks.
Whip up your favorite hot cocoa recipe and add a healthy dollop to each serving, then let your guests choose their fixins’… Nutmeg for sprinkling, melted caramel for drizzling, and sprinkles for decorating.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- 12 Ways To Make Mornings With Kids Easier - October 29, 2015
- 10 Great Places for Kids to Spend Their Allowance - September 14, 2015
- 20 No/Low Set-Up Ways to Play with Your Kids in the Back Yard - July 14, 2015