Handmade wrapping paper is a labor of love, but the process is all part of giving a gift that is special and meaningful. Get the kids involved and let them wrap special gifts for siblings or grandparents with their own handmade gift wrap. This project is great for cold winter evenings when we’re stuck inside!
Plus, this simple stenciled wrapping paper looks elegant and is so easy that it’s even toddler appropriate.
Start with a piece of kraft paper. I love painting on kraft paper because it looks more rustic-chic and less like a preschool project. Craft stores have a great selection of stencils. I chose one by FolkArt, along with a sponge brush and white acrylic paint.
Help your child hold the stencil at various places around the kraft paper and carefully paint the open area. You might need to go in stages depending on how big your paper is. The last thing you want is a sleeve dragging wet paint across the paper!
The great thing about this project is there is no ‘right’ way to do this. Space your stars close together or far apart. Get fancy and use gold or silver paint. Or just do one big star on top and write ‘to and from’ on top with a sharpie. The possibilities are endless!
Let the paper thoroughly dry and the wrap the box and tie with baker’s twine or something festive.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Save Your Spring" bundle: over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of kid activities perfect for spring break!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)
Latest posts by Kristin (see all)
- Happy Family Habits #15: The Right Way to Hug your Kids - June 17, 2015
- Nutritious Kid Snacks: Strawberry Banana Coconut Energy Bites - May 28, 2015
- Meet the Roll Up: Your Kids’ New Favorite - May 19, 2015