Looking for an easy and fun treat to make with the kids this year for your favorite neighbors, teachers, and friends? Look no further!
This semi-homemade recipe relies on the goodness or Oreos, Teddy Grahamas, and some melted chocolate. Easy enough to make dozens at a time and a definite crowd pleaser.
These cute cookies are one of my favorite things to make around the holidays. They are darling, a nice combination of homemade and storebought, and make great teacher gifts.
More importantly, they are delicious. I don’t even really like Oreos (I know – my husband can hardly believe it either), and I absolutely love these cookies. I’ll warn you that they are a bit messy to eat, but an important half of this blog’s name is “Messy Kids” after all.
- Melting chocolate (or almond bark)
- Teddy Grahams
- A fork
- A baking sheet or cooling rack (or both, which is what I did)
Melt your chocolate according to the package directions (I microwaved mine for 1 minute, then stirred it until it was very smooth).
Submerge an Oreo completely in the chocolate, then place a fork underneath the Oreo, lift it from the chocolate, and shake gently to remove excess chocolate.
Place on a baking sheet or on a cooling rack placed in a baking sheet.
Let set for a few minutes, then place one Teddy Graham cracker on top of each cookie.
Refrigerate until hard (you’ll probably want to store them in the fridge too, to keep the chocolate from getting too soft and making a big mess).
For the final touch, attach a little card that says “Have a Berry Merry Christmas” or “A Berry Happy Holiday to You.”
P.S. If you’re really looking to have the holidays in the bag this year, we’ve got two ways to help. First get the holiday shopping out of the way with all 10 of our 2013 Gift Guides here…
Second, check out our new eBook, Hands-On Holidays, packed with low-prep and low-stress ideas for make memories crafting, cooking, reading and adventuring with the kids!
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life 2016 Printables and our Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit : over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (400+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)- just click on the photos below
Latest posts by Janssen (see all)
- 12 Month Book Club Guide for Moms: Amazing Books for January to December - January 6, 2016
- Free Printable: Resolutions Worksheets for the Whole Family - December 28, 2015
- The 20 Best Books of the Year - December 8, 2015