Ahhhh…Fall. The leaves turn, the nights grow shorter, and the weather cools. It can all only mean one thing: Carnival season!
Candy apples, petting zoos, and midway prizes. Oh my. I love me a Fall carnival. (A little too much, actually.) So I thought it would make the perfect play theme to kick-off fall.
And no carnival would be complete without a few carnival games. Am I right? We started things off with this DIY, no-sew target throw.
To make, all you will need is:
- Three sheets of felt (one yard in one color, a half-yard in another color, and a 1/4 yard in a third color)
- Three ping pong balls
- Sticky velcro (half-yard)
First take your yard of felt and cut one small circle (5 inch diameter) out of the bottom of the fabric. Then cut off the remainder of the scraps, making a straight line across the bottom (or decorative edge, like I did).
Next, cut a large circle (15 inch diameter) out of your half-yard fabric, and a medium circle (10 inch diameter) out of your 1/4 yard fabric.
Then using your Fabri-tac, glue the pieces together to create your target.
Finally, stick your velcro to the ping pong balls (only the rough side). And you are ready to play! The outside felt is 1 point, the large circle is 5, middle is 10, and the small is 20.
Toys and Books to Help
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?
Get your shopping done early with our Infamous Christmas Toy Gift Guides!
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- DIY Painted Cinnamon Pine Cones - November 30, 2014
- Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life: Keeping a Clean & Clutter-Free Home for the Holidays - November 24, 2014
- Top-Notch Waldorf and Montessori Inspired Toys - October 26, 2014