Ahhhh…Fall. The leaves turn, the nights grow shorter, and the weather cools. It can all only mean one thing: Carnival season!
Candy apples, petting zoos, and midway prizes. Oh my. I love me a Fall carnival. (A little too much, actually.) So I thought it would make the perfect play theme to kick-off fall.
And no carnival would be complete without a few carnival games. Am I right? We started things off with this DIY, no-sew target throw.
To make, all you will need is:
- Three sheets of felt (one yard in one color, a half-yard in another color, and a 1/4 yard in a third color)
- Three ping pong balls
- Sticky velcro (half-yard)
First take your yard of felt and cut one small circle (5 inch diameter) out of the bottom of the fabric. Then cut off the remainder of the scraps, making a straight line across the bottom (or decorative edge, like I did).
Next, cut a large circle (15 inch diameter) out of your half-yard fabric, and a medium circle (10 inch diameter) out of your 1/4 yard fabric.
Then using your Fabri-tac, glue the pieces together to create your target.
Finally, stick your velcro to the ping pong balls (only the rough side). And you are ready to play! The outside felt is 1 point, the large circle is 5, middle is 10, and the small is 20.
Toys and Books to Help
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Save Your Spring" bundle: over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of kid activities perfect for spring break!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- 10 Cheap & Easy Indoor Beach Ball Games to Keep Kids Active - February 12, 2015
- 15 Candy-Free Valentines to Bring to Class - January 13, 2015
- DIY Painted Cinnamon Pine Cones - November 30, 2014