- Where’s Walrus? by Stephen Savage. This sweet book about a walrus who escapes from the zoo and finds clever places to hide from the zookeeper is one of our family favorites. (You can watch a little video trailer for it too – my daughter and I have watched it dozens of times).
- Tuesday by David Wiesner. No one does wordless books like David Wiesner. This one shows what happens on a Tuesday night when frogs take flight. The very realistic illustrations are a fabulous juxtaposition to the goofy idea of frogs flying about on lily pads.
- The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney. This one snagged the Caldecott gold a couple of years ago and the retelling of Aesop’s famous tale is stunning.
- Rainstorm by Barbara Lehman. Barbara Lehman is well-known for her wordless books, and this is a home-run one of a little boy spending a rainy day stuck inside. Until he finds a key. And that key opens up all sorts of possibilities for fun.
- Good Dog, Carl by Alexandra Day. I’ve loved this series my whole life, about a little boy and his dog who always manage to get into plenty of trouble while the mom isn’t watching.
- Flora and the Flamingo by Molly Idle. This one ups the wordless book ante by adding flaps on each page. The dancing flamingo and exuberant girl who wants to dance along will definitely make you smile.
- Red Sled by Lita Judge. This book isn’t TECHNICALLY wordless, but the only words it does have are the noises the animals make when they discover a sled left outside and decide to take it for a spin. It almost makes me wish winter was here.
*Post contains affiliate links.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Save Your Spring" bundle: over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of kid activities perfect for spring break!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)
Latest posts by Janssen (see all)
- 8 Energy-Boosting Tips for Moms (plus Veggie Popsicles!) - June 25, 2015
- Top 10 Parenting Books for Raising Boys - March 30, 2015
- Top 10 Parenting Books for Raising Girls - January 12, 2015