Remember when back to school used to mean a new Trapper Keeper and a fresh, clean Jansport backpack? One that would soon be covered in Sharpie drawings to make it uniquely yours? Well, backpacks have come a long way, especially for the preschoolers / kindergarteners.
There are so many fun options sized especially for them, with colors and designs to make any new student excited for their first day.
Here’s a run down of our favorite stylish backpacks for your little one:
- Roxy Excursion Mini Backpack – Graphic and not overly girly, perfect for your little beach bum.
- Dabbawalla Kids Neoprene Backpack – Made of eco-friendly neoprene (think colorful wet suits) by workers earning fair wages in safe conditions, these are perfectly sized for lunch and a few supplies.
- LL Bean Original Junior Book Pack – A no-frills, high-quality backpack with a reflective strip helps keep kids visible in the early morning hours. You can have your child’s name monogrammed for an extra charge.
- Fjallraven Mini Kanken Backpack – A Scandanavian classic since 1978, both the Mini and the Original come in a plethora of fun colors which up the hip factor of the utilitarian design.
- BlaBla Canvas Backpacks – Featuring some of the most popular BlaBla characters, these canvas bags will fit just the essentials.
- Pottery Barn Kids Mackenzie Backpack – These come in 4 sizes and feature new prints each season for both boys and girls. Coordinating lunchbags are available, and both can be monogrammed.
- Skip Hop Zoo Pack – The Skip Hop Zoo backpacks come in over 15 different animal designs, and are perfect for preschoolers. There are also matching lunch bags, plates, bibs, and rolling luggage.
- The North Face Sprout Backpack - Everything you love about the North Face Backpacks in a smaller size.
- Beatrix NY Little Kid Backpack – Another line featuring whimsical-but-not-cheesy animals, Beatrix NY is popular with Hollywood tots. Free of lead, PVC and phthalates, they also come in big kid sizes and lunch bags.
*Post contains affiliate links
So which is your favorite pick? I’m partial to the owl myself but both S and C are attending an all outdoor preschool again this year, so maybe The North Face is the way to go for us. Thanks so much to Kaley for scouting these fun finds.
She made some great picks, which isn’t surprising – she seems to have a gift for shopping (or at least window shopping). Check out her post on baby essentials to see what I mean!
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Kaley (see all)
- Quiet Time Trick: Make Calming Lavender Play Dough - June 24, 2014
- DIY Father’s Day Banner & Card - May 26, 2014
- Meal Planning Made Easy with The Home Collection – Part 2 - May 21, 2014