Fresh summer fruit season comes and goes so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was seeing the first watermelons in stores, and here we are in August already. That means the summer crop is ending and the autumn produce isn’t far behind. Let’s take advantage of the summer bounty while we can and get as much fruit as possible into our days! I’m talking watermelon, peaches, cherries – the works.
As if the taste wasn’t incentive enough, some quick health benefits on your favorite summer fruits:
- Watermelon is full of Lycopene, important for cardiovascular and bone health
- Cherries help ease arthritis pain by lowering uric acid and fight cancer cells with the flavanoid Cyanidin
- Peaches have Beta Carotene which improves eye health
Here are a few of the recipes I’ve been craving lately. Enjoy the benefits of all that gorgeous fruit!
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- A New Holiday Party Tradition: Ice Cream Sandwich Bar - November 18, 2013
- Holiday Baking Essentials for Last-Minute Traditional & Healthy Sweet Treats - October 30, 2013
- A Harmless Halloween Breakfast - October 10, 2013