Fresh summer fruit season comes and goes so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was seeing the first watermelons in stores, and here we are in August already. That means the summer crop is ending and the autumn produce isn’t far behind. Let’s take advantage of the summer bounty while we can and get as much fruit as possible into our days! I’m talking watermelon, peaches, cherries – the works.
As if the taste wasn’t incentive enough, some quick health benefits on your favorite summer fruits:
- Watermelon is full of Lycopene, important for cardiovascular and bone health
- Cherries help ease arthritis pain by lowering uric acid and fight cancer cells with the flavanoid Cyanidin
- Peaches have Beta Carotene which improves eye health
Here are a few of the recipes I’ve been craving lately. Enjoy the benefits of all that gorgeous fruit!
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Save Your Spring" bundle: over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of kid activities perfect for spring break!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- 18 Slow Cooker Dinners the Kids Will Actually Eat - March 23, 2015
- Healthy Snacking: Simple Plantain Chips and Guacamole - February 25, 2015
- Fruit Juice Gummies: A Healthy Valentine’s Day Treat - February 9, 2015