Fresh summer fruit season comes and goes so quickly. It seems like just yesterday I was seeing the first watermelons in stores, and here we are in August already. That means the summer crop is ending and the autumn produce isn’t far behind. Let’s take advantage of the summer bounty while we can and get as much fruit as possible into our days! I’m talking watermelon, peaches, cherries – the works.
As if the taste wasn’t incentive enough, some quick health benefits on your favorite summer fruits:
- Watermelon is full of Lycopene, important for cardiovascular and bone health
- Cherries help ease arthritis pain by lowering uric acid and fight cancer cells with the flavanoid Cyanidin
- Peaches have Beta Carotene which improves eye health
Here are a few of the recipes I’ve been craving lately. Enjoy the benefits of all that gorgeous fruit!
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family this year?
Check out the sale we're having on our "Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit" and "Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life's Planner Printables" - over 45 printable pages in all!
Register for our Free Parenting Webinar this week:
And sign up for our newsletter!
Latest posts by Natalie (see all)
- POYEL: 40+ Super Helpful Meal Planning Resources - January 21, 2015
- Super Simple New Year’s Eve Mocktails for the Kids - December 17, 2014
- A Veggie Tray for the Holidays - December 1, 2014