Even though it’s not quite August yet, we just couldn’t wait any longer to post our latest Play Theme Cheat Sheet. We just know you’re going to love it!…
I don’t know why, but I was somewhat overly fascinated with space as a child (nerd alert). I simply couldn’t get enough of it. I even asked for a toy planetarium for Christmas one year, which I’ve now passed down to my son. P.S. It still works like a charm!
Plus, with the heat hitting triple digits (at least in our neck of the woods), it’s the perfect theme to stay cool during the day, while enjoying some star-gazing at night.
We kicked things off with a super easy craft–making your own constellations. All you’ll need is some black construction paper, chalk, and star stickers.
My kiddo and I actually chose to make a mural, using black wrapping paper instead of construction paper, so we could hang it up in his room for the rest of our theme month.
We even added some chalk-drawn planets and comets after we were done.
Super easy and educational. And did I mention, fun?!
- Make your own space shuttle
- Build a flying saucer
- Make your own Moon
- Make a Junk Model Space Rocket
- Make a paint bottle rocket
- Hand print Sun art
- Galaxy play dough
Toys and Books to help:
- Draw Me a Star
- On the Launch Pad
- How to Catch a Star
- Moon in my Room
- 3D Solar System
- Space Wall Decals
*Post contains affiliate links.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)
Latest posts by Alli (see all)
- 10 Great Places for Kids to Spend Their Allowance - September 14, 2015
- 20 No/Low Set-Up Ways to Play with Your Kids in the Back Yard - July 14, 2015
- 4th of July Frozen Treats with Hidden Fruits & Veggies - June 15, 2015