Simple, Healthy Snacking: 2 Ingredient Fruit Chews
If you aren’t familiar with the blog Small Fry yet, then you are in for a treat! It was launched last year by three moms (6 boys between them!) and it is just one of the most beautiful, engaging, and frankly exciting things on the web today (in my humble opinion). If you’re a fan of MPMK, then you will definitely love Small Fry.
As a special treat today, the ladies over there are stopping by to share one of their favorite special treats: fruit chews. These 2 ingredient snacks are easy and healthy – did I tell you you were going to love these ladies, or what? Here’s the details on what’s bound to be one of your new go-to summer snacks.
Two Ingredient fruit chews:
There’s little I love more then cooking while my children play around my feet. It may only last a few minutes but I love the togetherness I feel as I spend time preparing them something delicious & healthy to eat.
When I came across this fruit leather recipe I was shocked it was only two ingredients! I wanted to find a way to make it a family activity so I got out the circle cookie cutter & let the kids go to town making fruit chews. Here’s how to do it:
- 3 cups ripe chopped fruit (I used apples)
- Sweetener, to taste (I used honey, sugar is fine too)
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees F. Line a 11 x 17 baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat. Set aside.
2. Puree the peaches and sweetener of your choice in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour fruit mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread to about a 1/8″ thick. Make sure the mixture spreads evenly.
3. Place baking sheet in the oven and bake for 6-8 hours, until pan is set and the center is not tacky. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Gently peel off the fruit leather from the Silpat. Use a small cookie cutter & help your child cut out different shapes!
I liked doing them in a small circles because I felt like they were less sticky & created no mess as the kids ate them. That’s always a plus too!
Small Fry is a children’s lifestyle blog that launched last year, founded by three friends (and mothers to six boys between them!) A super cool site that focuses on embracing parenthood and creating more meaningful days with our children, Small Fry shares projects, fashion, food, adventures and so much more!
*Post contains affiliate links
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?