This time of year I always get the urge to spruce up my space with pops of color, snag some cute plates and towels for entertaining outside, and really take advantage of the happy season that is summer.
I envision myself taking a leisurely Sunday stroll and popping into cheerful storefronts to pick up a few unique items that my friends will notice, and love, the next time they’re over for a backyard BBQ.
But then I enivitably snap out of my daydream, look around, and realize that in the last two weeks alone we’ve painted our entire house, re-done a bathroom, landscaped, sold said house, bought a new house, found out our family dog has cancer after several trips to the vet, and are now – wait for it – potty training!… Leisurely Sunday strolls just ain’t in the cards for me this summer.
Which is why I’m so excited to be teaming up with our newest sponsore, Fab, to bring you a lovely collection of summer finds that can all be purchased while sitting on the couch, watching HGTV, and folding clothes at 10pm at night.
In case you’ve missed their incredibly colorful and high energy commercials (which also make me want to add lots of pops of color around here), Fab is a design curated online shop teaming with quirky and colorful finds – i.e. not the same ombre throw pillow everyone and their mother picked up at the local big box store.
They offer designer products at both ends of the spectrum so, if you love a good deal like me, all you have to do is sign up for a free Fab account to browse their ever-changing inventory of newest design sales. To help get you started, I tried to make sure each of these picks will help us all inject a little more fun into summer – no matter how hectic it may be. Enjoy!
- Kat Platter, $14 and Kat Platter Round, $20 – Such cheerful, bright colors on uber durable melamine, these platters are the perfect thing for your next backyard party.
- Four Seasons Tea Towel Set, $46 – This one is kind of a bonus as you get something fun for summer, but also for the rest of the seasons as well.
- 16″ Zig Zag Pillows in Orange Fuchsia and Gray Yellow, $30 each – I have a serious pillow addiction and my absolute favorite way to welcome each season is with a new set. These are on the top of my Summer 2013 list.
- Table Grill, $80 – Such a great tool for partying even longer at the beach or your favorite park with friends.
- Cedar Tree Swing, $77 – Is there anything more quintessentially summer than this?
- Kites! The Delta Cascade, $40, and the Dori Fish, $28 are my favorites. My kids have been begging to go fly a kite this summer and I’m stoked to introduce them to the activity with such bold, colorful kites. (I had one just like the Delta on the wall in my room as a kid and I still remember how awesome I thought it was.)
- And speaking of awesome things to put in a room – how amazing is this Rainbow in My Room apparatus? $16
- Finally, summer is a great time to slow down and bond with the kids over messy fun (and if it happens to teach them some science and avoid the dreaded no-school brain drain, then all the better!). This Glowing Putty Gels & Slime Kit is just the ticket, $14.
Those are my picks, hope you find something to make you happy!
QUESTION OF THE DAY
What puts a summer smile on your face?
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Save Your Fall" bundle: over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of kid activities perfect for spring break!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)