Happy Friday pals. Any big plans for the holiday weekend? We’re going to finish up last minute details on the house and hopefully get it on the market next week. This won’t be my first time selling a house but it will be the first time doing it with kids in tow – I’m nervous!
QUESTION OF THE DAY
Who has tips on balancing having a home on the market and having kids home all day every day for the summer? I’m all ears!
In other news – you guys seemed to really like the Gum Drop Engineering project I shared earlier this week so I thought I’d give you a peek at a 3rd STEM skills activity I put together for eHow recently. (#2 being the Inventor’s Box, in case you’re keeping track.)
I can’t take credit for this one. I’d seen the classic Elephant Toothpaste Experiment floating around on pinterest several times but it was when the kids and I actually saw it performed in person that I decided I really wanted to try it at home.
We were at the Pacific Science Center and students from the University of Washington had taken the place over with all sorts of hands on exhibits. The fast-acting reaction fascinated my kiddos and they had handy recipe cards to repeat the experiment at home so I figured, why not?
To try it yourself, you can find full instructions here. (Hint: Use regular over-the-counter hydrogen peroxide and then do it again with 6% hydrogen peroxide that you get at beauty supply stores.)
Finally today – I’ve been chatting away over on Sulia again. Here’s what we’ve been talking about this week:
- Have you heard of a “Mommy Book“? It’s not a journal – but a much more spectacular way to keep some of those precious Mommy memories.
- Rustic Cool: DIY Wood Plank Wall
- 3 Ingredient Thin Mint Recipe (It’s dangerous – be warned.)
Happy 3 day weekend guys!
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)