It’s Friday already (how did that happen?!) and I find myself with so much good stuff to tell you about. First, I wanted to let you guys know that I’ve started sharing over on Sulia this week. Though the last thing I probably need in my life is another social media channel, I’m hopelessly addicted.
If you haven’t heard of it yet, the best way I can describe Sulia is a cross between Pinterest and facebook. Folks such as myself are over there sharing all kinds of randomness. What I’m loving is the size of the photos (large and in charge – like I prefer) and the size of the posts; more words than facebook, less than here – it’s the perfect place for me to discuss all the fabulous stuff I come across but don’t have room to share on MPMK.
This week, I’ve been concentrating a lot on spring break. Ours is next week, actually C’s is two weeks long (!) and I’ve been stocking up on ideas in preparation. Here are four of my favorites (click on the links to head over to Sulia and join in the conversation):
- A brilliant little DIY that will add instant happiness to any space.
- How to get instructions for the perfect “keep ‘em busy” activity for the LEGO lover in your life.
- Two words: Sumo Bowling (’nuff said).
- Ideas for taking an expedition without leaving town.
Of course, even though I’ve been chatting away over on Sulia, I still have plenty of fresh finds I’ve been waiting to share here too…
First and foremost, my friend Jean graciously sent me a review copy of her new book, The Artful Parent: Simple Ways to Fill Your Family’s Life with Art and Creativity, and – just like her uber popular blog of the same name – it’s absolutely fabulous! Whether you’re at a total loss at art time, or just looking for ways to beef up your repertoire, I truly believe every parent would benefit from owning this book. It’s a phenomenal resource on everything you need to know to successfully incorporate art and creativity into your everyday with the kiddos. Get it before your spring break and you’ll be all set.
And for even more play ideas, be sure to check out Polarn O. Pyret’s “Make Every Day a Play Day” week. Parents from all over will be sharing how they get outside and play with their littles. It’s sure to be a hotbed of inspiration.
Finally, one last fresh find. MPMK sponsor Vistaprint is currently having a sale on custom iPhone covers, amongst other things. I’ve been wanting a cover featuring S and C for a while now and I think the one pictured above may be just the ticket. You can check out all of the Vistaprint coupons here.
P.S. Have you jumped into our new Happy Family Habits project yet? How’s it going?
I’m not sure if it was intentional or just a coincidence but my mom shared quite a few stories from both my childhood and her own with S and C over Easter. They were eating it up.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Save Your Spring" bundle: over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of kid activities perfect for spring break!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)