Simple, time-saving ideas on organizing, designing, eating, and parenting - love them all!

30 Tips to Make Life Easier & Better

I’ve got a bit of a love/hate relationship with Pinterest.  Mostly it’s all fuzzy warm feelings and gratitude for the mountains of delectable eye-candy.  But I do have a couple bones to pick too.

First, it can be a HUGE time suck.  Invariably so at times when I really just need to get stuff done! Second, I’ve realized that all the pinning over there has led to fewer round ups over here.

So today I’m attempting to remedy both of those problems with the inaugural (and possibly last ever) MPMK Pinterest awards… Basically, in an attempt to point you to only the best stuff I’ve been pinning (and hopefully avoid the time suck), I’ve picked a few of my favorite boards and am highlighting the most popular stuff from each.

Today it’s all about organizing, beautifying, nourishing, and connecting.  If you guys like this, let me know and I’ll bring it back with another set of boards in the future.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

What are you most hoping to find when you go cruising on Pinterest? What type of pin makes you giddy to stumble upon?

GETTING ORGANIZED” BOARD

greysmallround2088

Winner: Tons of stylish FREE printable labels via WorldLabel.

Honorable Mention:

DESIGN WITH KIDS IN MIND” BOARD

IMG_6699

Winner: Brilliant Playroom Ideas! via Fun at Home with Kids.

Honorable Mention:

FINDS FOR HOME AND FAMILY” BOARD

Screen shot 2013-04-29 at 3.24.14 PM

Winner: Underbed Play Table with Drawers – great if your kid likes trains but doesn’t eat, sleep, and breath them like mine does via Great Little Trading Co.

Honorable Mention:

CLEAN EATING RECIPES” BOARD

tropical-green-smoothie-1

Winner: Tropical Green Smoothie via Kristin Eldridge Photography.

Honorable Mention:

PARENTING KNOW-HOW” BOARD

3-Fridge-680x1024

Winner: 10 Things I Learned When I Stopped Yelling At My Kids. Great article!! via The Orange Rhino Challenge.

Honorable Mention:

I should mention, the winner in each category isn’t necessarily the one that got the most repins – just the one I happen to like the best.  With these awards I am the academy.  Hope you all found something to make your day a little brighter!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Laura April 30, 2013 at 1:02 am

I usually get a little giddy over a really great sounding recipe or a helpful article on parenting. I love Pinterest, but mainly use it to collect things that I find and want to save, not somewhere to browse other people’s pins.

Steph (MPMK Founder) April 30, 2013 at 2:34 am

Great to know – thanks for the input Laura!

Jessie April 30, 2013 at 2:20 am

What an incredible round-up! I’m sure it was a lot of work; but I appreciate it!! My favorites: the adorable spice labels (printing those asap!), and all of the clean eating suggestions. I recently got diagnosed with Hashimoto’s, so I’ll take I’ll the recipes I can get :)

Steph (MPMK Founder) April 30, 2013 at 2:35 am

Happy to do it Jessie – sharing my finds is actually one of my favorite parts of the job.

Vicki I. April 30, 2013 at 7:59 am

I love this format and I’d love to see it again! Like Laura above, I use Pinterest to collect things that I find and want to save or refer back to.

Kendra @ Mommy, In Demand April 30, 2013 at 8:14 am

I have a love-hate relationship with Pinterest as well. And an EXTREME addiction to it! But you’ve found some things I have not, so allow me to begin pinning! These really are some great ones though. Love the awards! Thank you!

Amy April 30, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Thanks so much for the GREAT finds….it helps me soooo much to find “favorite boards/pins” lists because with my ADD I can get lost on Pinterst for hours!! Keep them coming!

Allison April 30, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Great round-up! There were a few you pinned that I missed, I was happy to find the 13 Ways to Raise Kids who know they aren’t entitled to ‘stuff’ pin.

Steph (MPMK Founder) April 30, 2013 at 6:23 pm

That’s one of my favorites too Allison.

Kelly April 30, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Love this roundup posts! Perfect if you don’t get a chance to catch all the previous pins.
Please bring it back in the future ;)

Steph (MPMK Founder) April 30, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Yay! I’m so happy you guys are liking this… may just become a regular feature around here :)

Anne Schofield December 17, 2013 at 7:54 pm

This is a great way to highlight your favorites. That playroom one is also one of my favorites, that I am constantly referring back to, and I found it through MPMK. Thanks! That particular pin illustrates a lot of what I love best in a good Pinterest find. 1) a real website link (not just a Flickr feed or some such), with a well-written on-topic post 2) link to the actual website in the Pinterest caption, not just the homepage. 3) good photography 4) lots of clear information on how to replicate or buy whatever is discussed (eg, in the playroom post, she discusses how she created each element, and where she bought items if applicable, with actual links). I can’t tell you how many times I have tried something I found on Pinterest, only to discover that the instructions weren’t written well, weren’t documented with photos, were just wrong, which has led to mountains of frustration and wasted time. Thankfully I have learned to avoid trying stuff like that unless I have the patience or experience to make it work anyway.

Sadly, a lot of pinners, myself included, don’t always check the link for quality material before repinning, so we perpetuate this frustration. My biggest frustration is all the bad pins, but it is also part of what makes Pinterest so wonderful and easy. I am trying to clean up my own pins, but it is nice to know pinners I can follow who have standards I can trust and taste I appreciate. So thanks for your efforts!

Jennifer December 21, 2013 at 9:12 am

These are great tips! I love making green smoothies and sharing them with my kids!