Happy New Year everyone! How was your New Year’s Eve? If you’re an MPMK facebook fan, then you already know we celebrated with sparkling cider for the kids and a Homeland marathon for us once they were in bed. We also took a little time to make some resolutions for 2013. Nothing too astounding – we tried to keep them to a few specific and doable goals.
On my list were: preserving memories in a better way (more on my plan later this week) and finding a little time for gratitude and peace each day. How about you, have you made your resolutions yet? It’s not too late. In fact here are a slew lovely ideas for a better 2013:
- Free New Year printables: a gorgeous adult version for filling in goals and a fun kid version for recording how their answers change each year (see how on top of resolution #1 I am?).
- The New York Time’s list of 12 New Year’s Resolutions for Happier Families, compiled by a bunch of wonderful authors. My favorite: “Bribe more creatively (fewer direct rewards for good behavior; more unanticipated praise and surprise adventures)” from Bruce Feiler, author of “The Secrets of Happy Families” (coming in February).
- Get in on the ground floor of Creative with Kids exploration of the 12 Habits that Make Happy Families. I’m SO excited for this one. All year Allisa will be presenting one habit per month for readers to work on together, along with simple ideas for implementing this habit. We’ll start in January with creating good routines, move on to taking care of ourselves and throughout the year delve into things like finding simple ways to give our kids positive attention and gathering a “toolbox” of quick activity ideas that work best for your family.
- The 30 Day Green Smoothie Challenge - I see more energy for me and more veggies for the kiddos, a win-win!
- 10 Family Traditions for the New Year – This is a great list of 10 easy things you can do (e.g. collect change for a cause and start a family moto) to strengthen your family unit while sharing your value system with your kiddos.
- Five Resolutions for a Creative New Year from my go-to source for creativity, Rachelle of TinkerLab. #5 on this list is just rad.
- Simplify you life! Get Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life: The Quick Start Guide, join our movement and be back here tomorrow for a month of tips on getting it together.
Now that you have lots of inspiration, tell me – what are your resolutions for 2013?
P.S. I decided to send out New Year cards instead of Christmas cards this year and I’m loving it. Less stress to get them done before Christmas and, the best part, I can include thank you notes for Christmas goodies right along with them.
We're teaming up with Dyson to help you get your home clean & organized.
This week, win ALL of MPMK's eBooks & Printables!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?