Need a tried-and-true plan for managing all that paperwork that comes in and out of your house, as well as docs you need to keep on hand? This pretty little box came from Target and has made it’s home on our entry table for the last few months.
It’s done wonders in eliminating unsightly paper piles around our abode. Let’s take a peak under the hood, shall we?
The reason I prefer the box system for this purpose is two-fold:
- It keeps everything organized and accesible but still out-of-sight.
- It allows space for the kind of odd-sized papers that often accompany living with todders.
On the top are six folders, here’s the breakdown of what’s currently in them:
- To-Do Now: bills, school paper work that’s due, etc. – I try to check this one nightly
- To-Do Soon: preschool book order and an invitation I need to RSVP too
- School Docs: class rosters, contact info. and schedules
- Coupons/ Gift Cards: this one’s pretty self-evident – I also keep receipts here
- To Save: this is also mostly full of kid art – once it’s full I make the hard choices about what to keep
- House Docs: this is my favorite file. It has this info. sheet for babysitters, this monthly schedule, and this weekly menu planner (all laminated to be used over and over).
It’s as simple as that. Tell me, how do you organize your paper piles?
P.S. Here’s one more really fun idea for incoming mail from our Getting Organized pinterest board.
This post is part of MPMK’s “Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life”. You can read all about it here, check out all of our projects here, and join thousands of POYEL facebook group members here.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life 2016 Printables and our Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit : over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (400+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)- just click on the photos below