I’ve got some very good news to share today. Parenting guru, Today Show expert, and MPMK favorite Amy McCready is once again offering up a FREE webinar to MPMK readers next Wednesday, February 6th at 6pm PST/9 pm EST. The best part? It’s a brand new topic – Are Time Outs a Waste of Time?
I highly encourage you to drop everything and sign up ASAP – the last two webinars we hosted with Amy both filled up completely (all 1,000 spots!).
So about time outs – do you use them? Do they work for you? I’ll admit, we do use them in our house (mostly in moments of weakness) and – no – I’m not sold on them. In fact, I know I shouldn’t be using them. Around here time outs aren’t really used as a tool, more as a last resort. I find myself falling back on them when I’m at my wits’ end and just can’t think of anything else to do.
This, I acknowledge, is probably not a sound foundation for a parenting choice. So I’m kind of salivating to hear what Amy has to say. I could really use the refresher and I’ve truly enjoyed her previous webinars with us. Plus our general parenting philosophy falls very much in line with her positive parenting message. Here’s a little more straight from Amy on what you can expect to learn…
Parents of kids ages 2½ – 16 will learn:
- What kids are really telling us when they don’t listen, talk back or flat out ignore us
- Why the time is up for “Time Out” and “Counting 1-2-3”
- Tool Box Solutions: the strategy parents consistently hail as magical in it’s effectiveness
…So, yes, I’ll be there with bells on – join me won’t you? We’ll be congregating a week from today:
All you need is your computer. (No webcam required.) You’ll see and hear Amy on your screen and you can even ask questions and she’ll make them part of the presentation. I hope to see you there so we can learn a little something together.
*disclosure: Please note that I am both an affiliate for, and a user of, Amy’s Positive Parenting Solutions courses. I love them, which is why I’m sharing about them here with you.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)