It’s officially the holiday season. What I love most about this time of year are all the special activities I get to do with the kids. What I don’t love about this time of year is how crazy hectic it can be – often leaving me stressed out that I’m not finding the time to actually do all those special activities with the kids!
This year the plan is to get out ahead of the stress by deciding what we’ll do now and arming myself with the supplies so we’ll be ready to make memories at a moment’s notice. In case you’d like to do the same, I give you this collection of 20 Things to Do with the Kids Before Thanksgiving’s Over (you’re welcome).
- Go on a nature walk and find colorful leaves (be sure to stomp around in a bunch too).
- Make a turkey with some of your leaves.
- Preserve the rest of your leaves.
- Make preserved leaf place cards that read “Thank God for Grandma”, “Thank God for Daddy”, etc.
- Make a preserved leaf garland.
- Make a Thanksgiving garland.
- Make thumbprint turkeys.
- Make acorn bells.
- Make pilgrim costumes.
- Play “Thanksgiving” with play dough pie-making 101.
- Start gratitude journals with the kids.
- Make an indoor autumnal tree.
- Make a Gratitude Chalkboard Calendar.
- Go grocery shopping and put together Thanksgiving dinner for a family in need.
- Read Thanks for Thanksgiving.
- Read The Thankful Book.
- Make (and eat!) pumpkin pancakes with warm apple compote.
- Make (and eat!) a Fruity Thanksgiving Turkey snack.
- Make (and eat!) mini caramel apples.
- Make (and drink!) pumpkin smoothies.
That’s my list. Did I miss any of your favorite November activities? Let me know in the comments.
P.S. If you’re really looking to have the holidays in the bag this year, get the holiday shopping out of the way with all 10 of our 2014 Gift Guides here…
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?