I’m having so much fun rounding up our best posts for you to peruse while I’m working away on the site’s redesign. Today we’re covering our all time favorite outdoor activities. Take a look at the list and find a few items to put on your summer bucket list before it’s too late.
1. Get Creative with Sidewalk Chalk – Grab some cheap sidewalk chalk, your camera phone, and ideas from this post and you’ll have at least an afternoon’s worth of playtime. You’ll also have some super cute keepsakes when you’re done.
2. How to Have Fun Playing with Rocks - Ideas for ABC rocks, tattoo rocks and more.
3. Our Favorite Outdoor Toys – You guys went nuts over this water table when I initially posted on it. Check out the post for links to the table plus another of our outdoor favorites for toddlers.
4. The Super-Sized-Mega-Big Post on Playing with Shadows – A bevy of ideas on how to play with your shadow. My personal favorite is the photo story book featuring your child’s shadow.
5. Backyard Campout – The perfect introduction to camping activity for toddlers (and fun for big kids too.)
6. 10 Ways to Have Fun with Clouds – Start in the backyard cloud watching, then move inside with lots of follow up activities when you need to beat the heat.
7. Outdoor Activities for Families in Honor of Earth Day – If you need even more outdoor inspiration, check out this post for a few more ideas. Actually, A LOT more ideas if you count the link to a list of 50 ways to explore nature in your own backyard.
That’s how we play outside, how about you? What are some of your favorite outdoor activities?