- DIY: Skater Book Cubby – the bonus is it doubles as a walker for wee ones.
- Refrigerator in the Playroom via Design Mom – a brightly colored fridge is always fun but using it for non-cold storage in a playroom brings it to a whole new level while also providing a spot for magnet play.
- Vertical Succulent Wall from Etsy seller TiffanysLivingArt – It’s a garden on a wall, need I say more? (This piece is no longer available but new versions are always popping up.)
- Paper Lantern Solar System – Made for a birthday party but would look magical in a little kid room.
- DIY Vintage Tennis Racket Mirrors – I feel like Wes Anderson has these somewhere in his house.
- Constellation Bedroom – Glow in the dark stars taken up a notch, or three.
- Hello Sign – This thing belongs in a beach house with some long boards!
- Allium from Kara and Groomzilla – Yes, you actually can make your backyard look like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.
- How to Build a Pallet Daybed – If I could count on no rain all summer, I’d build this tomorrow!
- Olive You Pillow Cover – I love, love this for a nursery. Like many Etsy finds, it’s no longer available but if you have decent sewing skills it might be worth a DIY attempt. If not, it may be worth trying to bribe the Etsy shop owner into producing another.
- DIY Stencilled Moroccan Rug – Big, beautiful and inexpensive. What’s not to love?
- Lief’s Modern Victorian Bedroom – Gotta love the idea of a telephone booth in a little kid’s room, it’s so super hero. The British telephone door used here is uber cool and, once the olympics start in a few days, may be just what your kiddo’s asking for.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)