I never know how to go about Mother’s Day ideas here on MPMK. Given that most of you are yourself the mom of the family, I’m not sure whether to highlight stuff for you or for your own mom. Today I’m doing a little of both.
Accessories are a great pick either way. They last longer than most clothing and get used all the time, giving Mom lots of opportunities to think of the gift-giver. Here are some of my current favorites:
- Karma Necklace – I love delicate pieces like this one. And what could be a better gift than a little good karma? $74
- Kate Spade Rosewood Dot Necklace – Get Mom on-trend while still respecting her classic style with this lovely rosewood and enamel piece. $128
- Kate Spade Idiom Bangle – A sweet reminder of Mom’s infinite wisdom. The inside is engraved with “mom always said” and the outside with advice ranging from “take a chance” and “have courage” to “wear sunscreen”. $58
- My sister-in-law got me a set of these designer hair ties for my birthday and now I wear them everyday. I perpetually have a hair band around my wrist (just in case) and these are so much cuter than the standard ponytail holder. The hand-died, hand knotted material can reasonably double as a bracelet and they’re super soft and comfy (both on my hair and my wrist). $11
- How sweet is this Jonathan Adler Elephant Keychain? It’s perfect for a mom with really little ones. The whimsical little guy will remind her of her kiddos every time she picks up her keys. $18
- Anthropologie’s astrological map bracelet is a much more modern take on traditional Mom birthstone jewelry. $52
- Just because your mom’s a grandma now, doesn’t mean she can’t be chic. Give her reading glasses an update by trading them in for these Kate Spade Readers in watermelon. $68
- The vintage feel of this stackable Druzy Ring makes it a really versatile piece. It would be equally lovely on you or your mom. $80
P.S. Have you heard of WU Pay? You can buy gift cards to places like Amazon, Zappos, Gap, Barnes and Noble and more and send them as gifts electronically. Plus you can earn $20 cash back when you spend $100. I’ve never tried it but I’m looking into it for Mother’s Day so I figured I’d put up this affiliate link in case you wanted to do the same.
*Post contains affiliate links
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?