Congrats to Amber, Lori, and Sarah – random.org has selected you as the winners of the DecoArt Earth Day Craft Challenge. You will each be receiving some fabulous DecoArt paint shortly so start plotting your next creation now (Mother’s Day is just around the corner after all.) To check out the rest of the winners, be sure to stop by Make and Takes later today (or now depending on what time you’re reading this). We were all blown away by the ingenuity displayed by each of our participants. So much so that I couldn’t resist highlighting a few of my favorites. In no particular order, here they are:
- Baby quilt made from grandma’s vintage sheets – How incredibly sweet is this project? I just love the idea of baby laying his head down at night and snuggling under grandma’s sheets.
- Cardboard barbie house – All I can say is wow. You see that double spiral staircase right? How about the gate? Or the elevator? Or the pocket door?!
- Cardboard space shuttle – I’m a sucker for anything that sparks imaginative play. The lights are a nice touch too.
- Egg carton Earth – I love it when I come across projects for the wee ones that have a modern vibe. Plus I’m up for almost any activity that has a sensory component.
- Rolly Rocky Holey – This project was completely child-driven. Not only did the kids design and construct the game themselves, they also came up with several more impromptu games along the way. Hooray for creativity!
If you missed any of the fun be sure to check out the collaborative pinboard I put together with Make and Takes. It’s chock-full of earth-friendly ideas perfect for any day of the year but especially appropriate for this Sunday. Thanks again to DecoArt for sponsoring the fun.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?