Thanks so much for visiting MPMK. Now that you’ve discovered Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life, don’t be a stranger! Check out our two new eBooks on simplifying and freezer cooking – on sale now!
- I’ve compiled and categorized enough healthy, inexpensive and easy recipes that I have a 90 day dinner menu (complete with theme nights like pasta Monday and slow-coooker Thursday) and I have the grocery lists to match.
- There is nothing in my house that we don’t use. I’ve ferociously weeded out the clutter and sent it packing via Craig’s List or Goodwill.
- Everything I didn’t get rid of is now beautifully organized into colorfully labeled containers. If you’re ever visiting and you need something, just ask me – I totally know where it all is.
- I now have a weekly schedule with time carved out for blogging, housework, play dates, park time, library time, and other activities we’ve been wanting to try but never got around to.
- For those days we stay home, we’ve got a dependable routine that the kids can rely on. It includes stuff like art time, outside time, story time and bath time.
- Remember when I told you C isn’t really down with napping anymore and I was worried about ever getting anything done again? I completely solved that problem by putting together some genius quiet time kits (one for each day of the week so he doesn’t get bored). They’re crammed with busy bags, DIY audio books, and learning activities he can do independently.
- I finally got our budget down to a science using a combination of the cash envelope system and mint.com. We’re saving tons! (and while I was at it I updated our wills, life insurance, and retirement planning).
- Thanks to evernote and some other handy apps, I will never again miss an appointment or birthday. (If something does somehow sneak by me, I have a birthday closet with pre-bought gifts and cards – thanks to the new budget and organization I now have the space and money for it.)
- I also joined a gym and started exercising regularly (part of the new weekly schedule). The kids love playing at the drop off center while I’m burning calories.
- I went through all 2,000 of my digital photos, edited them, imported them to yearly photobooks and backed them all up online. I’ve also caught up on my personal blog and am regularly contributing to it.
- Last but not least, the hubs and I have a set-in-stone date night that we never miss and we’ve recently instituted family game night.
And then I woke up. DAMN. IT.
P.S. The top photo is from Martha. I bet she doesn’t have cruel dreams like that – since she really is that organized. Also, I hear she doesn’t actually sleep.
UPDATE: The joke’s on me, it would seem, because in getting all of that out of my system, I (and many others) became mysteriously motivated to actually attempt to do some of it.
If you’d like to be involved, you can: