Along with making all those other resolutions, the new year always seems like a good time for a little parental reflection. From big things like learning to cherish the moment and building confidence to the smaller stuff like dealing with all those toys – this weekend is a good time to take stock of how we’re doing and to get a little perspective. To help you out, here are 7 parenting related posts that have caught my eye recently.
- If you have a toddler, do yourself a favor and bookmark this post. It’s a video of a bunch of mommy bloggers who have gone through the toddler years and lived to tell about it. It’s a really nice reminder that “the hours are long but the years are short”. It’s a long video (if you need to skip ahead to the reassuring part, it’s right about the 9 minute mark) but be warned, it will suck you in!
- Along those same lines, here’s a nice little piece from The New York Times’ blog Motherlode on the predictability of tantrums.
- If you’re plagued by kid stuff all over the house, check out this ingenious ransom rubbage idea.
- Or, if the toy problem is more about siblings constantly fighting over them, try getting rid of them all together by locking away the toy box.
- Terrified you’ll have nothing to do without the toys? Check out these amazing six tools for building confidence.
- Here’s another nice reminder that we all probably worry too much.
- And finally, some heart-breakingly-sweet perspective.
Happy New Year!
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?