When I polled you guys a few weeks ago on what you’d like to see more of here, one of the most popular answers was kid gift ideas. So I wanted to share with you the DIY dress up kit I’m in the process of making for my two tots for Christmas.
I know, I know – isn’t it a little early for to be thinking about what Santa will have in his bag this year? Yes… but if you too want to put together a dress up kit then now is the time to do it. Striking while all the Halloween stuff is on sale is a great way to put together a robust kit without breaking the bank.
Plus I’ve made it super simple. Not only have I put together this little post on my in-progress kit, I also added a section to MPMK’s Favorites appropriately titled “Dress Up Ideas”
to help you build one of your own!
Above are the elements I’ve collected thus far for C and S’s joint Christmas gift (I started the kit about a month ago because I originally planned on giving it to C for his birthday. Then I realized S would want some goodies too and I could make my dollar stretch more by waiting until after Halloween):
- a fireman hat, police hat and construction worker hat I found at Target for $1 each
- C’s homemade dino tail and the dino hood I bought on Etsy (details here)
- 12 foam animal masks for less than $5 total via Amazon
And this is a small sample of the 45 dress up ideas
I’ve curated for you. I’m not sure which pieces I’m going to add to our kit yet. All the Melissa & Doug dress up outfits are on sale so I’m sure one or two of those will make it in. I’m also loving the Alice in Wonderland hat collection (also on sale).
Plus for those of you with little ones old enough to be into movie characters, I’ve included discounted duds from Harry Potter, Star Wars, Toy Story, Shrek and etc. Head over and check out all the goods
– then give yourself a big pat on the back for already checking something off your Christmas to-do list.
P.S. Speaking of Christmas, there’s a great Groupon going on right now for 2/3 off Christmas cards at Picaboo
. Grab the deal and you’ll have TWO Christmas items completed – and it’s only the third day of November! (Full disclosure: MPMK is an affiliate of Groupon.
P.P.S. Speaking of daily deals, my favorite kid outerwear company, Polarn O. Pyret, is running a new daily deal on their facebook page
all this week. We have the above jacket (review to come) and absolutely love it!
Ok, now I’m done – feel free to proceed with your day.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)