Happy Friday everyone. I have to start today with a great big THANK YOU! Not only have you all been voting for MPMK as Parent’s Best Craft for Kids Blog
(that’s right, I said “you all” – the five years I spent in the South comes out when I get emotional), you’ve also been sending me some really sweet feedback.
Here are a few excerpts from emails I’ve received this week, “My children are 8, 6, and 4. I’m a separated father and your craft ideas really enhance my quality time with my children… I am a disabled retired RN Nana who is raising her 3 year old granddaughter who just wants to play and learn all day long; from one thing to another. What a challenge. But here, I learned to make a free toy that my sweet Isabella played with for 12 straight hours!” Seriously?! You guys are killing me! Thank you so, so much for the validation and for incorporating MPMK into your lives! I’m so happy about the community we’re building here – all your comments on yesterday’s birthday traditions post were wonderful.
Ok, enough of the mushy stuff and on to business. Over at momtastic
this week I posted on a mini nature walk C and I recently took and the rock craft that ensued. You can check it out here
. And in case you’re wondering where I got inspired to get creative with stones, I’ve also got a little roundup for you here.
|photo via I Am Momma, Hear Me Roar
2. Tattoo Rocks
– What a smart combo of two things kids love. Check out the spider, it screams Halloween.
|photo via Red Bird Crafts
3. Story Stones – These are big on the web these days and it’s easy to see why. The idea here is to use the pictures on the rocks to spark some imaginative story weaving in your kiddo These beauties are from Red Bird Crafts
). Need a little more guidance? Here are 4 Ways to Play with Story Stones
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)