Fresh Find: A New “Playzine” + A Free Printable Just for You

“Play is essential to the development and learning of young children. Not optional…essential. Children learn as they play. In fact, play provides the perfect context for learning for the whole child – mental, verbal, social, physical, creative and emotional, in a way most structured classroom-style activities do not. ”
~ Making Play Great, Play Grow Learn Issue One

As an early childhood teacher and a mom, Christie Burnett is passionate about the importance of play to the learning and development of young children.  So passionate that she designed this fun printable poster to remind us all of its immense learning potential.

As parents we need this reminder as much as (if not more than) our kids and I love that this print is stylish enough to hang front and center in our homes.  And, thanks to Christie, you can do just that with this free printable copy.

As cool as the printable is, it’s actually not my main reason for writing about Christie today.  You see, along with being passionate, she’s also been very busy!  As an extension to her award winning blog, Childhood 101, Christie has recently launched an electronic playzine, Play Grow Learn.

The magazine is a wonderful and extensive resource.  At 62 pages, it’s jam-packed with playful activities for children aged 0-5 years from contributors all around the globe.  It’s a true bargain at only $4 and I highly recommend you go grab a copy.  You’ll find tons of inspiring ideas for adding more play to your day.

We're teaming up with Dyson to help you get your home clean & organized.

This week, win ALL of MPMK's eBooks & Printables!

MPMK Printables & eBooks

a Rafflecopter giveaway

mama hall September 8, 2011 at 11:27 am

love the e-zine!
and thanks for the poster – the colors match our school room perfectly. i think my kids will like it :)

hydeeann September 8, 2011 at 8:27 pm

as soon as i’d read the opening graphics, i thought, “wow! i wonder if i could print that off to hang on my wall.” low and behold, christie’s offered it as a free printable poster! so thank you to her for providing it and you for showing it here. =)

@jeannezoo September 8, 2011 at 11:20 pm

yes! Christie is amazing, the Play Grow Learn e-magazine is stunning, and the wordsmith poster is fantastic :) cheers!

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 12:02 pm

Well Said! I can’t seem to figure out how to print it though…help.

Anonymous September 10, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I love this poster! I just want to let you know that the world internalise should be spelled internalize.

Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com September 10, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Hi,

Christie (the poster creator) is from New Zealand, which is why the spelling is different.

magendi November 10, 2011 at 8:53 am

I just found your blog… so inspiring!

I printed the poster out and am proudly displaying it in my apartment. I also posted a to it link on my blog. :)Thank you for sharing!

Marilyn W January 18, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I would like to print out the Play poster but can’t seem to find the link to do that. Is it Possible to print this poster size?
Thanks

Anonymous May 23, 2012 at 1:51 am

Would like to give this to our preschool teachers but the word internalize is spelled wrong.

Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com May 23, 2012 at 1:52 am

Hi,

Anonymous May 23, 2012 at 2:13 am

Just found that the British use “ise” and we use “ize.” Things that make you go hmmmm!

Anonymous May 23, 2012 at 2:16 am

Thanks! It is a brilliant poster and epitomizes (epitomises) the philosophy of our preschool!

Johnna Davison October 21, 2013 at 10:11 am

Hey! I am a preschool teacher of 27 years and this has always been my philosophy! I would love to print this and hand it out to my parents but I think there is a misspelling… I think internalize is with a z and not an s…If you can fix it and resend I would be so grateful!! Thanks!!

Steph (MPMK Founder) October 21, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Hi Johnna,

It’s not a misspelling, the printable was made by an australian blogger.

Best,