If you need an excuse to get crafty, it seems like back-to-school time is it. What better way to get your kiddos excited about learnin’ than a few fun crafts? Plus sending the kids off with something made especially for them is great for easing first day jitters. Here are my top five picks:
- Easy book covers by Martha Stewart. After reading my friend Mariah’s new book (review and giveaway to come!), I’ve developed a serious thing for maps. I want to put them just about everywhere and covering school books with them seems like a good start. Check Martha out for even more great ideas.
- Remember when I first told you about giverslog’s happy mail series? This is her school supply edition and it’s oh-so-cheery. I think this would be a great treat for the kids to send to a favorite classmate, or perhaps an out-of-town cousin?
- Picklebum’s printable lunch box notes are an easy way to pack a little extra love with that PB & J.
- Along the same lines, are these sandwich wrap printables found at zakka life – probably not something for lunch everyday but the first day of school edition would be fun.
- Finally, a kid-friendly To Do list is essential for getting out the door in the morning. No reading skills required for this one, which makes it especially tot-friendly. The appealing modern design makes it mom-friendly too.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and connect with your family?
Get your shopping done early with our Infamous Christmas Toy Gift Guides!