BOOKNOOKS

Book Week: Reading Spots

Book Nooks: nothing encourages reading in kids more than a cozy corner to call their own.  Inspiration for these spaces abounds and shows, whether it’s just a few square feet inside a closet or an entire room, every house has room for one.

Today I’ve rounded up a super-sized group of images in the hopes of encouraging you to set up the perfect kiddo reading spot in your home.  I’m doing this one look book style so click on the photos for more info.  And don’t forget to enter our Playful Learning book & e-course giveaway (over a $140 value) for a great book to read in your new nook… Enjoy!

Similar Stuff: All Book Week Posts

How to create a reading nook - four key pieces every reading room should have.

Looking for more Reading Nook Ideas?

Check out How to Create a Reading Nook: The Forever Home Project.

And for ideas on what to read, check out MPMK’s aptly named resource section “The Book Nookfor all sorts of book recommendations and tips on raising kids who love to read.

POYEL ebook and printablessign up for the newsletter and get a free 6 week meal plan

Samantha August 31, 2011 at 4:22 pm

Oh so many great ideas. I can not wait to get started on my sons room. I especially love the one with the yellow curtains.

Allison August 31, 2011 at 5:40 pm

I LOVE these ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

Amanda August 31, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I just discovered your blog and I love it. I made a little play tent/reading nook for my kids and they love it. I created a pattern that even the most novice sewer can handle. It can be found on my blog, http://namesakedesign.blogspot.com/2010/09/sew-easy-play-tent.html.

Cyn August 31, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Wonderful ideas! Thanks!

emily @morefromthemoorefamily September 1, 2011 at 2:57 am

I want to go to all of those places and read…

rachelle | tinkerlab September 1, 2011 at 6:20 am

you are such a great curator, steph. i love all of these ideas and wish i had just a wee bit more space to turn some of them into a reality. time to get creative!!

Kim September 1, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I love so many of those spaces. I pinned some, so I can remember where to look. Thanks for sharing.

hydeeann September 9, 2011 at 6:45 pm

this just goes to show that all you need to do is something, anything. because there are so many ways to create your own space, all wonderfully unique.

Mhairi February 3, 2012 at 3:07 am

I love these ideas. How cute and funny is it that all kids seem to love to squish themselves into tight corners when they are reading. Will definitely have to create one of these spaces in our home.

windows 7 professional serial key March 17, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I dont know about you fellows but for me the layout of a blog is quite crucial, practically as a lot because the article itself. Furthermore I am a actual mug for online video clips.!!!. or, as a matter of truth, ANY media subject material in any way.

windows server 2003 key March 17, 2013 at 2:51 pm

miriam ist echt so scharf und blond einfach super diese frau

Julie April 11, 2013 at 4:51 pm

I love the green chair and foot rest pillow. Where is that one from?