earlier this week posting on how to make a nature bowl with the kids and more family friendly finds from around the web.
- The New York Times is talking about raising siblings to be friends. They mention the book Siblings Without Rivalry, which was also recommended to me by my pediatrician when I was pregnant with S. I checked it out from the library but only made it through the first chapter before she was born and after that I didn’t have a lot of extra reading time on my hands. I’m buying a copy this weekend!
- Earlier this week I posted on the violence in Cars 2. To follow up, here’s a comprehensive post on the effects of weapons and weapon play on young kids.
- I recently read somewhere that “yelling is the new spanking”. Are you a closet yeller? One brave blogger is owning up to it and posting all about how she’s trying to change.
- Does making your kids too happy now doom them to unhappiness later? It’s a question that’s been circling the blogosphere lately. Read more here.
- Using the HALT method to diagnose meltdowns – so smart.
- Remember when I said “those teach your baby to read commercials make me throw up in my mouth a little“? Apparently I’m not alone.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life 2016 Printables and our Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit : over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (400+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)- just click on the photos below