earlier this week posting on how to make a nature bowl with the kids and more family friendly finds from around the web.
- The New York Times is talking about raising siblings to be friends. They mention the book Siblings Without Rivalry, which was also recommended to me by my pediatrician when I was pregnant with S. I checked it out from the library but only made it through the first chapter before she was born and after that I didn’t have a lot of extra reading time on my hands. I’m buying a copy this weekend!
- Earlier this week I posted on the violence in Cars 2. To follow up, here’s a comprehensive post on the effects of weapons and weapon play on young kids.
- I recently read somewhere that “yelling is the new spanking”. Are you a closet yeller? One brave blogger is owning up to it and posting all about how she’s trying to change.
- Does making your kids too happy now doom them to unhappiness later? It’s a question that’s been circling the blogosphere lately. Read more here.
- Using the HALT method to diagnose meltdowns – so smart.
- Remember when I said “those teach your baby to read commercials make me throw up in my mouth a little“? Apparently I’m not alone.
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family this year?
Check out the sale we're having on our "Kids' Responsibility & Money Management Kit" and "Project Organize Your ENTIRE Life's Planner Printables" - over 45 printable pages in all!
And sign up for our newsletter!