DIY Silly Putty Carrot + An Easter Recap
I promised I would hook you up with a Silly Putty Carrot DIY today. I try to be a woman of my word, so here it is – just head over to momtastic for all the details. Note: because borax can be toxic if ingested, this recipe is only for bigger kids – to be made with adult supervision.
For younger kids, simply mix up some orange oobleck instead. Just combine 1 cup of water with 1/2 cup of cornstarch and food coloring. And speaking of Easter, I can’t believe how much fun I’ve had preparing for it this year. Honestly, Easter has never really been a huge holiday for me – but now that I have a 2 year old in the house that has totally changed.
I’ve really enjoyed thinking up all my little projects and sharing them with you and it has been so exciting to see you guys take my ideas and run with them.
I’ve got one last Easter DIY up my sleeve for tomorrow. Until then, here’s a list of my Easter posts and projects so far (in case you missed one):
For more candy-free Easter ideas, check out:
Easter basket ideas
- DIY Wooden Watercolor Eggs
- Free Printable: Easter Memory Game
- Anatomy of a Creative Play Easter Basket
- Silly Putty Easter Carrot
- Water Bead Easter Eggs
- Books Perfect for the Easter Basket
- A Simple Handmade Toy for Baby’s Easter Basket
- DIY Paint Chip Easter Garland
- Less-Mess, More Fun Watercolor Easter Eggs
P.S. Looking for more ways to simplify and save time so you can connect with your family? Follow these 3 steps:
1) Check out our "Back-to-School Super Saver Bundle": over 50 pages of 2015 daily/weekly/monthly planners, cleaning schedules, meal planners, kids’ routine charts, budgeting sheets and much more PLUS 84 pages of low-stress holiday activities perfect for making memories with the kids!
2) Sign up for our newsletter:
3) Bookmark our famous Gift Guides for the next time you need the perfect kids' gift! (350+ detailed descriptions including age recommendations)