Easy idea for keeping your memories on display - great for Mother's Day or Father's Day.

A Quick, Easy, and Super Cool Kid Photography Project

I’ve been seeing lots of creative kid photography projects lately but this is by far one of my favorites.  Since I found this idea on pinterest by someone who got it from unnamed sources on flickr -  I don’t have an original source for you.  So instead of using the photo I found, I took 5 minutes and made my own.

The process is extremely simple.  Just choose a picture with lots of open space on one side.  Then use your photo editing software of choice to add some text about your kiddo’s favorite things.  It looks best if you play around a little with the font size, alignment, boldness, etc.

You could also change it up for Mother’s Day and write all the things your child loves about mom or grandma.  Or, if you really plan ahead, you could do this every month for a year and make a calendar  – how much would the grandmas love that?!  Click through for another example and a tip on how to do this if you don’t have photo editing software.

Such an easy idea for putting your memories on display

If you don’t have something like Photoshop at your disposal, no worries.  Just hop over to picknik.  The process of adding text to your photo should be super simple.  And for more tips and tricks see my two favorite picknik tutorials here and here.

Megan March 21, 2011 at 6:59 am

Hi, a friend just forwarded this link to me- I wrote a tutorial for this project February last year so I think it might be my original image. I got the idea from an ad for watches and modified it for children. It’s been a very popular post on my blog!

yours looks awesome! From Megan (mousehouse blog)

Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com March 21, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Hi Megan,

I checked your link – that pic is not the one that I was going off of but I love it! Thanks for giving us all another great source of inspiration :)

P.S. – I put a link to the flickr photo that was my inspiration for anyone that is interested. I’m just not sure where to find the photos that where her inspiration.

Destri March 21, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Just checking my reader and was going to comment on how cute this is, and then I found a link love :)
Thanks dear, the idea is brilliant!
My MIL does all my scrapbooking and she would love if I had some images like this!

SmartBear March 21, 2011 at 7:36 pm

I LOVE THIS! We take our tot’s picture every year for his birthday in one of my husband’s dress shirts. This would be such a cool way to add to the collection! Thanks for the idea!
Best,
Tina

Ms. Ward March 25, 2011 at 12:18 pm

This would make such a cute little Easter gift, too! I hope you don’t mind, but I included this in my weekly round up of Fab Finds Friday on my blog (http://babeecrafts.blogspot.com/2011/03/fabulous-finds-friday-rainy-day-fun.html)

sinika March 26, 2011 at 6:03 am

Posting this tomorrow for my baby’s 2nd bday… LOVE all your ideas!!

rachelle @ tinkerlab March 26, 2011 at 11:52 am

I am stealing this idea!!! If I can remember to be diligent about it, I love the idea of a monthly snapshot with a gathering of that month’s phrases and activities. Thanks fir sharing!!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art May 16, 2011 at 1:53 am

Very adorable!

Anonymous July 29, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I just created a version of this for my daughter’s second birthday! Thanks so much for the idea!! I’d be happy to post mine on flickr if you tell me how to do it.
Heather

Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com August 1, 2011 at 5:50 am

Heather,

So glad you ran with the idea! I don’t have a flickr account but if you happen to post the project anywhere on the web I’d be happy to add it to my pinterest page. Just let me know!