St. Patrick's Day Limerick Hunt - includes 4 printable pages to hide around the house as well as a printable pot of gold to fill with goodies!

Free Printable: St. Paddy’s Day Limerick Hunt

I mentioned last week that I’ll be contributing some playtime activity posts over at momtastic and today is my first one – yay!  It’s a treasure hunt game with free printables so you can play along at home.

There are four limerick clues to print out and hide as well as a template for making your own pot of gold for the end of the hunt.  I was originally going to sew together the pot of gold but then I spied these stapled Valentines.  How ironic is it that it took my favorite sewing site, MADE, to make me realize this is not a sewing project?

These printables are also great with Leprechaun traps – just leave the first one in the trap. Head over to momtastic for the full tutorial and free printables!

UPDATE: Readers were having trouble downloading the templates from the momtastic post so I made fresh links that should work.  See below and sorry for the inconvenience!

POYEL ebook and printablessign up for the newsletter and get a free 6 week meal plan

classicmommy March 8, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Such a cute idea! I’d love to do something like this with my daughter… It’s hard to find something fun for St. Patrick’s Day (well, in my opinion). Thanks for sharing!

Mini Mocha March 9, 2011 at 4:02 am

We always love treasure hunts and try to make them fit all the different holiday themes, but have never done one for St Pats day, we might just try this, it looks like it will be a laugh. Thanks great idea.

Steph at ModernParentsMessyKids.com March 9, 2011 at 7:46 am

Keep my updated about how your hunting goes :)

Aubrey March 9, 2011 at 6:55 pm

What a cute idea, so excited to try it! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for commenting on The Mother Huddle. Sick until 20 weeks! I hope that isn’t going to be me…no fun!

Zia Daugherty November 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

Cute idea! Now if only I can remember this once we have kids! :)

Sally March 17, 2014 at 9:52 am

Thank you for this! You bailed me out of a forgotten St. Patty’s day surprise! This was so doable, cute & simple even at the 11th hour. It was just enough for a school morning too! Kids loved it! A few green m&ms and a dollar in eat pot and there you have it! TY again for posting and sharing!

Steph (MPMK Founder) March 17, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Yay! So glad you had fun with it :).