You can use this to print and cut out an egg template. I used Home Depot’s Behr paint chips, which have 4 colors per card, and cut them in half eliminating all white except for the line between the two color shades.
I traced the egg on the back of the card (so there wouldn’t be any residual pencil marks on the front) and then cut them out.
Lastly, I punched two small holes in the top of each egg with an extra small hole punch and threaded them onto a piece of waxed cotton. The cotton did a great job of preventing slippage.
For more candy-free Easter ideas, check out:
Easter basket ideas
- DIY Wooden Watercolor Eggs
- Free Printable: Easter Memory Game
- Anatomy of a Creative Play Easter Basket
- Silly Putty Easter Carrot
- Water Bead Easter Eggs
- Books Perfect for the Easter Basket
- A Simple Handmade Toy for Baby’s Easter Basket
P.S. New here? Don't miss "The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle", available just once a year. It's a $1030 Value for only $29.97
SALE HAS BEEN EXTENDED FOR 12 HOURS ONLY - ENDS 9/16 12 PM PST!