- Getting Ready for Baby Kits – When S was due to arrive I went looking for a few books to help C (then about 19 months old) understand what to expect. It turned out the library had an entire kit for just such an occasion. It was a large box containing 8-10 books, a DVD, a baby doll (for practicing) and even a binder with some guided lessons. It really helped get C excited about his new sister.
- eBooks for Late Night Feedings – Sometimes a good read is just what I need to stay awake during those wee hour feedings. But being a new parent doesn’t leave a lot of time for repeated trips to the library. Thankfully mine has a large selection of books I can download onto my iPad (or other electronic device). No traveling required and if I finish a book mid-feeding, I can start another with just a few quick clicks.
- Baby Story Time – Before actually attending one of these sessions I thought it might be a bit silly – it’s not like my baby was going to follow along and I could always read to him at home, right? What I failed to realize is that baby story time was as much for me as it was for C. It was a great place to get a refresher on all the little songs to sing and games to play with baby. Plus, it was a fantastic way to make friends with other new parents.
- Toddler and Preschool Story Time – Story time for this age is not just sitting on the floor and listening. It involves songs, games, crafts, and sometimes even bubbles. The sessions are also very age specific – which means age appropriate. Our library offers separate story times for babies, young toddlers, toddlers, preschoolers, and whole families. The one we currently attend even has a theme each week (like a letter or holiday) that all of the activities are based around.
- Kid Friendly Computer Stations - The kid section of our library has a whole bank of computers with durable kid keyboards and games especially for little ones. It’s a much better alternative to letting C play with my laptop and it’s a great destination spot on a rainy day.
P.S. New here? Don't miss "The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle", available just once a year. It's a $1030 Value for only $29.97
SALE HAS BEEN EXTENDED FOR 12 HOURS ONLY - ENDS 9/16 12 PM PST!